• Misyar Marriage

    is carried out via the normal contractual procedure, with the specificity that the husband and wife give up several rights by their own free will...

  • Taraveeh a Biad'ah

    Nawafil prayers are not allowed with Jama'at except salatul-istisqa' (the salat for praying to Allah to send rain)..

  • Umar attacks Fatima (s.)

    Umar ordered Qunfuz to bring a whip and strike Janabe Zahra (s.a.) with it.

  • The lineage of Umar

    And we summarize the lineage of Omar Bin Al Khattab as follows:

  • Before accepting Islam

    Umar who had not accepted Islam by that time would beat her mercilessly until he was tired. He would then say

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Umar Contribution At The Battle Of Khandaq 5 A.H

Allah (swt) revealed the following verse in the Holy Qur'aan in regards to battle of Al-Ahzaab (also known as Al-Khandaq):

 يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اذْكُرُوا نِعْمَةَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذْ جَاءتْكُمْ جُنُودٌ فَأَرْسَلْنَا عَلَيْهِمْ رِيحًا وَجُنُودًا لَّمْ تَرَوْهَا وَكَانَ اللَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ بَصِيرًا  
إِذْ جَاؤُوكُم مِّن فَوْقِكُمْ وَمِنْ أَسْفَلَ مِنكُمْ وَإِذْ زَاغَتْ الْأَبْصَارُ وَبَلَغَتِ الْقُلُوبُ الْحَنَاجِرَ وَتَظُنُّونَ بِاللَّهِ الظُّنُونَا هُنَالِكَ ابْتُلِيَ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَزُلْزِلُوا زِلْزَالًا شَدِيدًا وَإِذْ يَقُولُ الْمُنَافِقُونَ وَالَّذِينَ فِي قُلُوبِهِم مَّرَضٌ مَّا وَعَدَنَا اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ إِلَّا غُرُورًا وَإِذْ قَالَت طَّائِفَةٌ مِّنْهُمْ يَا أَهْلَ يَثْرِبَ لَا مُقَامَ لَكُمْ فَارْجِعُوا وَيَسْتَأْذِنُ فَرِيقٌ مِّنْهُمُ النَّبِيَّ يَقُولُونَ إِنَّ بُيُوتَنَا عَوْرَةٌ وَمَا هِيَ بِعَوْرَةٍ إِن يُرِيدُونَ إِلَّا فِرَارًا وَلَوْ دُخِلَتْ عَلَيْهِم مِّنْ أَقْطَارِهَا ثُمَّ سُئِلُوا الْفِتْنَةَ لَآتَوْهَا وَمَا تَلَبَّثُوا بِهَا إِلَّا يَسِيرًا وَلَقَدْ كَانُوا عَاهَدُوا اللَّهَ مِن قَبْلُ لَا يُوَلُّونَ الْأَدْبَارَ وَكَانَ عَهْدُ اللَّهِ مَسْؤُولًا قُل لَّن يَنفَعَكُمُ الْفِرَارُ إِن فَرَرْتُم مِّنَ الْمَوْتِ أَوِ الْقَتْلِ وَإِذًا لَّا تُمَتَّعُونَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا 

{O you who believe! Remember Allah's Favour to you, when there came against you hosts, and We sent against them a wind and forces that you saw not [i.e. troops of angels during the battle of Al Ahzab (the Confederates)]. And Allah is Ever All¬Seer of what you do. When they came upon you from above you and from below you, and when the eyes grew wild and the hearts reached to the throats, and you were harbouring doubts about Allah. There, the believers were tried and shaken with a mighty shaking. And when the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is a disease (of doubts) said: "Allah and His Messenger (saw) promised us nothing but delusion!" And when a party of them said: "O people of Yathrib (Al Madinah)! There is no stand (possible) for you (against the enemy attack!) Therefore go back!" And a band of them ask for permission of the Prophet (saw) saying: "Truly, our homes lie open (to the enemy)." And they lay not open. They but wished to flee. And if the enemy had entered from all sides (of the city), and they had been exhorted to Al Fitnah (i.e. to renegade from Islam to polytheism) they would surely have committed it and would have hesitated thereupon but little.  And indeed they had already made a covenant with Allah not to turn their backs, and a covenant with Allâh must be answered for.  Say (O Muhammad to these hypocrites who ask your permission to run away from you): "Flight will not avail you if you flee from death or killing, and then you will enjoy no more than a little while!"} 
 Holy Qur'aan [33:10-16]

Ibn Hibban:

Narrated Imran Ibn Musa Ibn Moshajeh from Uthman Ibn Abi Shayba from Yazeed Ibn Har'oon from Muhammad Ibn Amr from his father from his grandfather from A'isha who said: "I went out in the day of Al-Khandaq and I was standing behind the people, then I heard sounds of ground coming from behind me, I turned around and saw Sa’d Ibn Ma’aaz and his nephew Al-Harith Ibn Aws was carrying his armour, so I sat down on the ground and Sa’d passed by and he was wearing an armour that its outskirts were gone out of his limbs. I was afraid of his armours outskirts, and Sa’d was of the biggest and tallest people, she said: Sa’d passed by singing epic verses: 'Very soon the battle of the brave man begins.. what a good thing it is that the death comes'" She (A'isha) said: Then I entered a garden, and I saw that a group of people who had been (hiding) there, among them was Umar Ibn Al-Khattab, Umar said: 'Woe to you, what brought you here?! By God you are a bold woman, what made you think that you are safe of getting captured or get into trouble!' She (A'isha) said: 'He kept blaming me so much until I wished that the earth splits so that I enter into it.' Among them there was another man who was covering his face, then the man took the cover away, he was Talha Ibn Ubaidallah, so he said: 'Woe to you Umar! You said too much today, where is the place to escape or flee except towards Allah?'

Footnote: The Hadeeth is Hasan 'Reliable.'

Source: Saheeh Ibn Hibban. Vol. 15, Pg. # 498 - 501.


Al-Haithami:

Narrated Aisha: I went out in the day of Al-Khandaq and I was standing behind the people, then I heard sounds of ground coming from behind me, I turned around and saw Sa’d Ibn Ma’aaz and his nephew Al-Harith Ibn Aws was carrying his armour, so I sat down on the ground and Sa’d passed by and he was wearing an armour that its outskirts were gone out of his limbs. I was afraid of his armours outskirts, and Sa’d was one of the biggest and tallest people, she said: Sa’d passed by singing epic verses:'Very soon the battle of the brave man begins... What a good thing it is that the death comes...' She (A'isha) said: then I entered a garden, and I saw that a group of people are (hiding) there, among them was Umar Ibn Al-Khattab and there was another man who was covering his face, Umar said: 'Woe to you, what brought you here? By God you are a bold woman, what made you think that you are safe of getting captured or get into trouble?! She (A'isha) said: 'He kept blaming me so much until I wished that the earth splits so that I enter into it.' Then the man took the cover away, he was Talha Ibn Ubaidallah, so he said: 'Woe to you Umar! You said too much today, where is the place to escape or flee except towards Allah?'

A man of Mushrikeen hit Sa’d with an arrow, his name was Ibn Al-Urqa, he said: 'Take this, I am Ibn Al-Urqa', the arrow hit Sa’ds arm vein and cut it, Sa’d prayed to Allah (swt) and said: 'O Allah (swt) do let me die until you make me happy of about Bani Quraidha'. She (A'isha) said: 'And they were their allies and friends in Jahiliyya.' She (A'isha) said: 'And then Allah (swt) sent a wind over Mushrikeen and Allah (swt) suffice the believers of the battle, and Allah (swt) is Powerful and Almighty, then Aboo Sufyan and his men went to Tahama, and Oyaina Ibn Badr and his men went to Najjad and Banu Quraidha came back to their castles and the Messenger of Allah (swt) came back to Madinah, and ordered to build a dome out of date tree over Sa’d in the Mosque.

Footnote: Al-Haithami: narrated by Ahmad and Muhammad ibn Amr Ibn Alqama is in its chain, and his Hadeeth is Hasan 'Reliable', its other narrators are trustworthy.  

Source: Majma Al-Zawa'id. Vol. 6, Pg. # 144-145.



Muslim bin Hajjaj:

Narrated Zuhair Ibn Harb and Is’haq Ibn Ibraheem both from Jarir from Al-A’mash from Ibraheem Al-Taimi from his father who said: We were sitting in the company of Hudhaifa. A man said: "If I were in the time of the Messenger of Allah (saw), I would have fought by his side and would have striven hard for his causes." Hudhaifa said: 'You might have done that, (but you should not make a flourish of your enthusiasm). I was with the Messenger of Allah (saw) on the night of the Battle of Abzib and we were gripped by a violent wind and severe cold. The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "Hark, the man who (goes reconnoitring and) brings me the news of the enemy shall be ranked with me on the Day of Judgement by Allah (the Glorious and Exalted)!" We all kept quiet and none of us responed to him. (Again) He (saw) said: "Hark, a man who (goes reconnoitring and) brings me the news of the enemy shall be ranked with me on the Day of Judgement by Allah (the Glorious and Exalted)!" We kept quiet and none of us responded to him. He again said: "Hark, a man who (goes reconnoitring and) brings me the news of the enemy shall be ranked with me on the Day of Judgement by Allah (the Glorious and Exalted)!" Then he (saw) said: 'Get up Hudhaifa, bring me the news of the enemy.' When he called me by name I had no alternative but to get up. He said: Go and bring me information about the enemy, and do nothing that may provoke them against me." When I left him, I felt warm as if I were walking in a heated bath untill I reached them. I saw Aboo Sufyan warming his back against fire I put an arrow in the middle of the bow intending to shoot at him, when I recalled the words of the Messenger of Allah (saw), "Do not provoke them against me." Had I shot at him, I would have hit him. But I returned and (felt warm as if) I were walking in a heated bath (hammam). Presenting myself before him, I gave him information about the enemy. When I had done so, I began to feel cold, so the Messenger of Allah (saw) wrapped me in a blanket that he had in excess to his own requirement and with which he used to cover himself while saying his prayers. So I continued to sleep until it was morning. When it was morning He said: 'Get up, O heavy sleeper!'

Source: Saheeh Muslim. Vol. 2 Pg. # 860 - 861.


Al-Hakim With The Attestation of Al-Dhahabi:

Narrated Aboo Bakr Ahmad Ib Kamil Al-Qadhi from Isa Ibn Abdullah Al-Tialesi from Aboo Na’eem Al-Fadhl Ibn Dokin from Yusuf Ibn Abdullah Ibn Abi Barda from Musa Ibn Al-Mokhtar from Bilal Al-Absi from Hudhaifa Ibn Al-Yaman who said: The people (companions) left the Messenger of Allah (saw) on the night of Al-Ahzaab (i.e. battle of Al-Khandaq) and except twelve people none remained, then the Messenger of Allah (saw) came to me and said: "Get up O son of Al-Yaman, bring me the news of the of army of Al-Ahzaab." I said: 'O Messenger of Allah (saw), By Allah (swt) who has sent you righteously, I did not stand up except for the respect of yours, it is too cold.' He (saw) said: "May the warmth get you and the cold leave you, go O son of Yaman, you will not suffer from warmth and cold until you get back to me." I went to their army and saw Aboo Sufyan warming himself by fire with people around him, then I went and sat among them, Aboo Sufyan said: "Everyone of you should take the hand of his nearby person!"So I hit with my hand the hand of the person on my right side and held his hand and hit the hand of my left side person and held his hand, and so I get covered among them and then I came back to Prophet (saw) and he was standing for prayers then he pointed with his hand to me and called me to come near to him so I went and he gestured again to come nearer so I went nearer until he gave me from his clothing which he had covered himself during prayers, when he finished the prayers he said: "Sit down O son of Al-Yaman, what is the news?" I said: 'O Messenger of Allah (saw) the people have left Aboo Sufyan and none has remained with him except those around the fire, maybe Allah (swt) has made it difficult for them as he made it difficult for us by cold, but we have hope in Allah(saw) which they do not have!'


Al-Hakim: This narration’s is authentic, but they (i.e. Bukhari and Muslim) have not narrated it.
Al-Dhahabi said in Al-Talkhees: it is Saheeh 'Authentic.'

Source: Al-Mustadrak Ala Sahihain. Vol. 3 Pg. # 33.


This is the faith of the so-called Sahaba in Allah (swt) and his Messenger (saw), that except twelve of them no one remained, leaving the Prophet(saw) alone in hard times. Undoubtedly, among the first ones who left the Prophet (saw) were Aboo Bakr and Umar, as we somewhat observed that Umar was hiding in a garden during the day never mind the night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

براہ مہربانی شائستہ زبان کا استعمال کریں۔ تقریبا ہر موضوع پر 'گمنام' لوگوں کے بہت سے تبصرے موجود ہیں. اس لئےتاریخ 20-3-2015 سے ہم گمنام کمینٹنگ کو بند کر رہے ہیں. اس تاریخ سے درست ای میل اکاؤنٹس کے ضریعے آپ تبصرہ کر سکتے ہیں.جن تبصروں میں لنکس ہونگے انہیں فوراً ہٹا دیا جائے گا. اس لئے آپنے تبصروں میں لنکس شامل نہ کریں.
Please use Polite Language.
As there are many comments from 'anonymous' people on every subject. So from 20-3-2015 we are disabling 'Anonymous Commenting' option. From this date only users with valid E-mail accounts can comment. All the comments with LINKs will be removed. So please don't add links to your comments.

Popular Posts (Last 30 Days)

 
  • Recent Posts

  • Mobile Version

  • Followers