- Hz Fatima (AS) went to Abu Bakr for Fadak which according to her was her right
- One tradition labels the property of Fadak as Khums (one-fifth of the war booty)
- Another tradition labels the property as Fay (which is earned without a battle)
- Abu Bakr claimed that Prophets do not leave any property, what they leave is charity which is forbidden for the Ahlulbayt.
- Abu Bakr claims that whatever property the Prophet has for sustenance, it goes to his successor
- Abu Bakr considered himself to be the successor of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and thus he considered him to have the rights over the property of Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
- Umar claims that Fadak was used by the Prophet (SAW) only to feed his own family, it's income was given to the Prophet's family, give charity from it and spend wealth from it on military expeditions
- Abu Bakr and Umar thought that the Prophet (SAW) used Fadak as a state property and thus being the head of the state the Prophet (SAW) did with it as he pleased
- This merited Hz Fatima's anger upon him and shunning him till her death
- Abu Bakr was not called for and neither informed about the death and funeral of Hz Fatima (AS)
Abu Bakr said "Yes, it was revealed regarding you". Then Ali asked, "If some men testify that Fatima, the Messenger's daughter, committed an abomination what would you do?" Abu Bakr said "I would administer the legal punishment to her, just like any other Muslim woman!' Imam Ali then said "If you did so, you would be an infidel in the eyes of Allah." "Because you would have rejected Allah's testimony of her purity and virtue (infallibility), and surpassed people's testimony over it..." Fatima(AS) The Gracious, by Muhammad Ordoni: Published by Ansariyan Publications, Page 76
Al-Sunan al-Sughra, v7, p137
Wafa al-Wafa, v4, p1280
Sirah Rasul Allah by Ibn Hisham, v3, p353
The Concise History of Humanity or Chronicles, p140, Dhikr Ghazwa Khayber
- Hz Fatima (AS), daughter of Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
- Mawla Ali (AS), cousin, brother, son-in-law of Prophet Muhammad (SAW), and the gate of knowledge
- All the wives of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) except Ayesha
- Some put forward the excuse that Prophets do not leave inheritance
- Some put forward the excuse that Prophet Muhammad (SAW), used his property to spend for military expenditures and give charity to the poor, thus he used it as a state's property
- Another excuse is that any property left by the Prophet is to be inherited by his successor and not his children
- The final excuse in the books of history, as posted above, is that everything left behind the Prophet excluding the sustenance for his wives and servants should be given as charity
Baladhuri's Futuhul Buldan page 47-48
Baladhuri's Futuhul Buldan page 48
- After the Holy Prophet, will the economic necessities of Aale Muhammad also come to an end?
- Did Allah excluded Aale Muhammad from the rule of inheritance.
- Is there any verse in the Holy Quran from which it may be established that if Abu Bakr dies his issues should inherit him and when Muhammad bin Abdullah dies, his issues should not inherit him.
Ma'arij-ul-Nabuwwah, part 4, chapter 10, page 228
Habib al-Siyar vol 1, Dhikr of Ghazwa-e-Khayber
Insanul Ayun fi Seerah al Halbeeya, Chapter "The death of the Prophet" Vol. 3, Page 487-8
'O servants of Allah, you are responsible to His "Orders and Prohibitions". His religion and His Revelation. You are, the representative of Allah! and a preacher from His side! And the protector of Allah's right is in your midst [Ali] He who protected the one who brought the testament of Allah to you. Whatever I am telling, its beginning and its end is the same. I do not indulge into contradictory talk. Whatever, I am telling is stark truth. I do not practice any wrong. When Allah chose from the dwell of messengers His Messenger (saww), He selected for him the honored place of chosen ones. No sooner than it was done, the discord and envy that was in the hearts, manifested amongst you. The veil of religion was turned up. Those who have lost the correct path, started opening their mouths. Unknown persons started to show off. Slogans in the interest of falsity were raised, and a conspiracy spread in the society. The Devil came out of his hole and called you to his side, because he found you waiting for his call and be fooled. He invited you to stay and ignited the fire of anger, the reflection of which became apparent on your face. This was the reason that you marked somebody's camel apart from your own, and you entered into somebody's river side. You started searching for what was not yours. Finally you started usurping the Government when not many days had passed since the demise of the Prophet (saww). Our woes and wounds were still bleeding, and even the Prophet (saww) was not buried, that you advanced an excuse saying that "A mischief has been averted".
Can there be any greater mischief than the one that has overtaken you. Yes of course hell has taken them in its folds. This action was not expected from you, What are you doing? Where are you going? When the book of Allah is present in your midst everything in that is glittering and all its signs are fully clear as a Crystal. Its prohibition are apparent and clear, and all orders graphically clear, but you have put them behind your back. Have you turned your face from them? Or you are aiming at something else? Alas! it's to be highly regretted that tyrants have adopted dirty ways, instead of taking up a Qur'anic path. You have suddenly flared up the fire of mischief, and fanned its flames. You have assented to the talk of the Satan, who was misleading you. You have started to extinguish the light of the Religion of Allah and started obliterating the traditions of the Prophet (saww), and in the pretext of the froth of fermenting milk, you have silently sipped it all. You were bent on confining the family and progeny of the Prophet (saww) in a corner. We preferred to observe patience, but with sword hanging on our neck and a spear waiting to make a thrust in our chest.
How wonderful it is that you think that the Almighty Allah has not granted us the right of inheritance, and that we will not get the inheritance of the Prophet (saww). Are you following the rules of the Age of illiteracy. For believers, no decision is better than the decision of Allah. Are you ignorant of these problems? Yes, you are fully aware of them. The fact is clear as a sun. You know that I am the daughter of the Prophet (saww).
O' Muslim brethren! Is my inheritance going to be snatched by force? O' son of Qahafa answer me, does Qur'an say that you get your fathers' inheritance and I should not get my fathers' inheritance. Have you purposely disowned the Book of Allah; and have cast it behind your back. Whereas Qur'an says: Sulaiman got his father's (inheritance); Dawood got his fathers'. Regarding Yahya bin Zakariyya He said, "O' Allah: grant me a son, who could be my Successor and of the progeny of Yaqoob." Have you formed an idea that I will not get my parents inheritance? Did Allah, reveal a special verse for you, striking out my father from its purview, or you say two persons professing the same religion did not have the right to inherit each other's (property). Is mine and my father's religion not one? Or do you treat an average follower of Qur'an better than my father and cousin. If it is that case, take my inheritance like a saddled camel waiting to be taken advantage of. Ride it. BUT bear in mind that I will meet you on the day of rising and will put up my demand. What an excellent day it would be when Allah will adorn the seat of Justice and Mohammed Mustafa (saww) would be a plaintiff. Sharh ibn al Hadeed, Volume 4 page 108, printed Beirut